Each year Endicott surveys the most recent graduating class to find out where our graduates are employed and continuing their education. Data collection starts six months after graduation and continues for several months. Just released are the results for May 2010 graduates from the undergraduate day division, and we’re quite pleased with the results!
Despite a challenging job market, 77% of graduates reported being employed full-time and 18% reported being enrolled in graduate school. Only one percent responded that they were not employed and seeking full-time jobs. Of those employed full-time, 89% stated that their jobs were related to their program of study at Endicott and 42% indicated that they were working at a former internship site or found their job through an internship contact.
Six months after graduation, this is where students stood:
- 77% of day division graduates had full-time employment
- 18% were enrolled full-time in graduate school
- 1% were seeking full-time positions
- 42% reported they got their job from a former internship site or an internship site contact
- 89% reported that their jobs were related to their majors
- 55% reported feeling fully satisfied with their job
- 29% reported feeling somewhat satisfied
- 7% reported it was too soon to tell
- Surprisingly, 45% answered they were planning on changing jobs within three years
The percentage of students with full-time employment (77%) is a nine percent improvement over similar survey results of 2009 graduates a year ago (68%). The number of students finding work through an internship site also rose, from 30% of 2009 graduates to 42% of 2010 graduates.
Sample employers Include:
- Baystate Medical Center
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- CIGNA Healthcare
- MA State House
- Marriott International
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Nashville Predators
- New England Patriots
- Tewksbury Public Schools
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Vineyard Vines
Graduate schools attended by 2011 graduates include:
- Boston Architectural Center
- Boston College
- Georgetown University
- Lesley University
- MA School of Law
- Northeastern University
- Simmons College
- Suffolk University
These survey results reflect a response rate of 64%. A detailed report will be published later this summer and will be available on the Career Center page on Endicott’s website.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.