New Residence Hall and High Enrollment Pave the Way for a Fantastic Year at EndicottAugust 29th, 2011 | Posted by in Faculty | International | Residence Halls | Students | Uncategorized
On September 6 Endicott College will begin its new academic year – how the summer has flown by! Below is some information about our incoming students, the changes we’ve made over the summer, and the upgrades that are still to come.
- For the nineteenth consecutive year, Endicott has enrolled the largest class in its history. The new class is the largest in the seventy-two year history of Endicott.
- This year we anticipate an enrollment of approximately 2,300 students in the traditional on-campus undergraduate program. Approximately 1,945 will be in on-campus housing and 50 students will study abroad in such countries as China, Australia, Ireland, Spain, South Africa, Argentina, and Italy.
- The Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies anticipates an enrollment of over 2,400 this year.
- The Endicott Class of 2015 includes 715 students, of whom 651 are freshmen. They represent 16 states and 12 countries.
- Of the 3,725 students who applied, 66% were offered admission.
Here are some of the projects we have been working on around campus:
- Over the summer we renovated and upgraded classrooms, offices, residence halls, roadways, and we have increased parking.
- New athletic locker rooms, workout rooms, and showers are included in a new athletic support building at the Stadium.
- A new 260 bed residence hall will open in fall 2011. This new facility, named Marblehead, was built by Windover Construction and will boast a fitness room as well as a variety of lounge and study spaces. Rooms are double occupancy with private bathrooms in each room.
- The College is increasing the Internet bandwidth on campus for academic and administrative networks by 500 percent. In the fall semester the bandwidth will increase from 100 Mbps (Megabit per second) to 500 Mbps.
Nine new faculty and academic administrators with impressive credentials have been hired. They will teach in the areas of English, Mathematics, Nursing, Interior Design, Science and Technology.
Over 250 preseason athletes have arrived on campus; new students are slated to arrive on September 4 and returning students on September 5. Classes begin on September 6 – right around the corner!
Let’s get ready for a great year, Gulls!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.