It’s move-in weekend! Looking ahead at the academic yearAugust 31st, 2012 | Posted by in Around Campus | Data & Statistics | minors/majors | Students
Tuesday September 4 is the first day of classes of our new academic year. Today all new students are moving in and getting settled, and they’ll have two days of orientation and fun events before returning students join us on Monday. It’s going to be a busy weekend on campus, and we’re exciting to have our new Gulls here!
Let’s take a look at some figures for this academic year:
- For its 20th consecutive year, Endicott has enrolled the largest class in its history.
- This year’s undergraduate enrollment on main campus is approximately 2,360 students. Approximately 2,000 will be in on-campus housing and 52 students will study abroad in such countries as Australia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, India, Italy, New Zealand, Spain and Taiwan.
- New students include 710 students of whom 650 are freshmen. They represent 23 states and 14 countries.
- Of the 4,000 students who applied, 62% were offered admission.
- Through the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies, over 2600 students are enrolled at 29 Massachusetts sites and six international sites in certificate, associate, bachelor and doctoral degrees.
- The doctoral program in Educational Leadership and the Master degree in Homeland Security will enroll their first classes in the fall.
- New undergraduate majors in Hotel Management and Applied Mathematics will be offered for the first time.
- In the School of Communications, concentrations in the areas of Digital Journalism, Marketing Communications and Media Studies are now majors.
- In the School of Visual and Performing Arts, concentrations in Creative Arts Therapy and Studio Art are now majors.
- Education majors now have an option of pursuing a concentration in Autism and Applied Behavioral Analysis.
- New faculty have been hired to teach in the areas of Business, Hospitality, Criminal Justice, Interior Design, Sport Science, and Social Science.
- Summer campus upgrades include:
- A new turf field replaces the baseball/field hockey field which is slated to open in late September.
- We have increased parking with two new lots that will accommodate over 300 cars.
- A recently-purchased house overlooking campus will house 12 additional students.
- The new Life Sciences and Business building is taking shape. The foundation is in and the exterior walls are being constructed; the building will be ready for occupancy in fall 2013.
We’ve got a busy year ahead, with a great group of students. Welcome back to Endicott, Gulls!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.